Revealed: Thu 17 Jun 2021
YouGov analysis exhibits how ITV’s Psychological Well being Consciousness week protection resonates with viewers
Analysis performed on ITV’s addressing of psychological well being matters over Psychological Well being Consciousness Week and past has proven one quarter of ITV Daytime and ITV Regional Information viewers agree that protection on ITV modifications the best way they see psychological well being. One fifth of viewers really feel extra capable of take care of their psychological well being because of tales about it on ITV.
ITV’s Daytime exhibits – Good Morning Britain, Lorraine, This Morning and Unfastened Girls, alongside ITV Regional Information, attain 18.2 million viewers every week.
The analysis, carried out by YouGov on behalf of ITV, confirmed over a 3rd of viewers of ITV Daytime and Regional Information had seen protection of psychological well being points on the exhibits. Over 1 / 4 have been extra conscious of how psychological well being challenges have an effect on folks because of seeing the protection, and over one in 10 have been extra prone to open up about their psychological well being, and practically one in 10 have had a dialog with family and friends about their psychological wellbeing, because of seeing psychological well being protection on ITV.
Programmes throughout Psychological Well being Consciousness Week, which ran Tenth-Sixteenth Might, carried a specific give attention to psychological well being with Good Morning Britain that includes campaigner Alastair Campbell as a visitor presenter and Scarlett Moffatt speaking about her psychological well being on Lorraine, alongside a function for his or her HEADucation marketing campaign with Authorities Ambassador for Youth Psychological Well being, Dr Alex George. In addition to a psychological health-focused This Morning phone-in and have championing the advantages of the outside, plus a particular ‘Unfastened Males’ version of Unfastened Girls.
ITV Regional Information coated a spread of topics from ITV Information Granada who’re investigating the shortage of psychological well being beds accessible within the North West, to ITV Information Central who producing a strong three half collection on males’s psychological well being, talking to those that’d thought-about suicide and looking out on the various kinds of assist accessible.
ITV has made higher psychological and bodily well being its social trigger, a serious a part of its social objective of shaping tradition for good, with campaigns together with Britain Get Speaking and a partnership between ITV2 and CALM. The newest exercise for the landmark psychological wellbeing marketing campaign Britain Get Speaking has inspired 3.5 million folks to take motion, by way of having a dialog or a greater high quality of dialog. The marketing campaign, which was launched by Ant and Dec in a stunt in Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night time Takeaway, inspired audiences to consider the standard of dialog they have been having, with the message ‘The higher we discuss, the higher we really feel’.
Susie Braun, Head of Technique and Communications, Social Function at ITV mentioned, “In a yr when so many individuals are struggling, taking advantage of Psychological Well being Consciousness Week to inform folks’s tales was actually essential. It’s inspiring to see that protection on Daytime and Regional Information can have such a palpable influence on viewers in how they give thought to their very own and others’ psychological wellbeing.”
All figures, until in any other case said, are from YouGov Plc. Whole pattern dimension was 1008 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken between twenty eighth April – 1st Might 2021. The survey was carried out on-line. The figures have been weighted and are consultant of all UK adults (aged 16+). ITV Daytime and Regional Information viewers within the final month pattern dimension was 358
● 20% of ITV Daytime and Regional Information viewers really feel extra capable of take care of their psychological well being because of tales about it on ITV
● 25% of ITV Daytime and Regional Information viewers agree protection on ITV modifications the best way I see psychological well being
Following the Psychological Well being Consciousness Week protection particularly, viewers of ITV Daytime and Regional Information mentioned:
● Over 1 in 3 have seen assist for psychological well being points and Britain Get Speaking throughout Daytime and Regional Information (just below 1 in 4 for Regional Information alone)
● 46% really feel extra optimistic about ITV understanding that it helps psychological well being points
● 27% are extra conscious of how psychological well being challenges have an effect on folks because of seeing psychological well being protection on ITV
● 14% usually tend to open up about their psychological well being
● 9% have had a dialog with family and friends about their psychological wellbeing because of seeing psychological well being protection on ITV
● 63% of Daytime and Regional Information viewers suppose it is essential ITV covers psychological well being and wellbeing tales