Samaritan Well being Companies has reopened the partial hospitalization outpatient psychiatric program on the Good Samaritan Regional Medical Middle campus.
This system initially launched in early 2020 after which was positioned on maintain as a result of COVID-19 pandemic. It’s positioned adjoining to the Samaritan Psychological Well being inpatient unit, which continues to serve sufferers who want inpatient care as a part of their therapy.
Samaritan’s program provides group remedy, grownup schooling and life abilities, remedy administration and different assist for people who want complete – however not inpatient – therapy for his or her psychological or emotional well being situation.
“Sufferers within the partial hospitalization program can keep their independence and meet their private obligations whereas receiving therapy,” mentioned James Douglas, MD, medical director for Samaritan Psychological Well being. “These sufferers spend the day in this system, however they stay at residence and return to the neighborhood every night.”
This system operates weekdays from 9 a.m. to three:30 p.m. Sufferers may be admitted to this system by their main care supplier, psychological well being therapist or their native emergency division – or they are often admitted following an inpatient keep.
Every cohort is proscribed to eight sufferers, attributable to COVID-19 precautions. It’s anticipated that future cohorts shall be bigger as soon as the pandemic is over.
Partial hospitalization is the newest of a number of Samaritan initiatives to deal with the psychological and behavioral well being wants in Benton, Lincoln and Linn counties. Different applications and companies embody:
- Behavioral well being specialists embedded in main care clinics throughout Samaritan’s service space. These specialists work with sufferers to fulfill their objectives to stay a wholesome life. They assist sufferers handle psychological and psychological points that result in well being circumstances like substance abuse, sleep loss, anxiousness and despair.
- Residency coaching applications in psychology and grownup and youngster psychiatry. These applications are producing new clinicians, a few of whom are becoming a member of Samaritan full time after their coaching is full.
- Location of psychological well being companies on the Boys & Ladies Membership of Corvallis, together with Samaritan’s embedded pediatric clinic at that facility.
- A partnership with Benton County to supply therapy to youths 17 and underneath who come to the Emergency Division at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Middle with threats of suicide.
- Behavioral well being nurses and specialists who see sufferers within the Emergency Division and hospital inpatient items at GSRMC. These nurses and specialists are skilled to assist sufferers and the medical group develop a therapy plan, and so they observe up with the affected person to ensure they’re succeeding on the plan.
- A tele-psychiatry program linking Samaritan’s psychological well being professionals in Corvallis with clinicians in distant communities for sufferers needing session.