The preliminary examine of the collaboration will enroll sufferers with uveal melanoma–associated liver metastases, with different research deliberate in metastatic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) and colorectal most cancers. Further trials in HCC and domestically superior PDAC are being developed.
“Tumors within the pancreas and liver are notoriously troublesome to deal with successfully, and these sufferers want new therapeutic choices. Our collaboration with TriSalus offers a singular alternative to judge immunotherapy together with a novel supply strategy,” mentioned Sapna Patel, BA, MD, an affiliate professor, uveal melanoma program director, fellowship program director, and director of on-line media within the Division of Melanoma Medical Oncology at The College of Texas MD Anderson Most cancers Middle.1 “We look ahead to our work collectively to advance new remedies geared toward enhancing scientific outcomes and the lives of our sufferers.”
The TLR9 agonist is assumed to bind to the TLR9 receptors current on suppressive immune cells, together with myeloid-derived suppressor cells and antigen-presenting immune cells.2 These receptors contribute to the innate immune system and supply a bridge to adaptive immunity. As such, activating TLR9 could prime immune cells to advertise antitumor T-cell perform.
SD-101 is delivered intravascularly by way of TriSalus™ Life Sciences’s FDA cleared, proprietary Stress-Enabled Drug Supply™ (PEDD™) expertise. PEDD™ provides the potential to ship SD-101 in a means not beforehand attainable with normal direct injection supply.1,2
Small potential and retrospective research reported that extra remedy was capable of be delivered into the vasculature of liver metastases and pancreatic stable tumors with PEDD™ expertise vs normal end-hole microcatheters.3 The novel strategy has the potential to beat limitations of the tumor microenvironment, resembling irregular vascularity, interstitial fluid stress, and stable stress.
Furthermore, this strategy might make treating sure stable tumor malignancies, resembling pancreatic most cancers and HCC, extra possible.2
Beforehand, SD-101 together with pembrolizumab (Keytruda) demonstrated early efficacy indicators and tolerability in part 1b/2 research for sufferers with PD-1 inhibitor–naïve recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (NCT02521870)4, PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitor–resistant superior or metastatic melanoma (NCT02521870)5, and PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitor–naïve superior melanoma (NCT02521870)6.
Notably, these knowledge counsel that SD-101 can stimulate innate immune cells and favorably program T cells to reinforce responses to checkpoint inhibitors.
“We’re happy to collaborate with MD Anderson in pursuit of our collective aim to enhance outcomes for sufferers with tumors of the liver and pancreas. The aim of those research is to reinforce the potential of present therapies by way of novel drug supply expertise and to analyze the strategic modulation of immune microenvironments with investigational candidate SD-101,” mentioned Steven Katz, MD, chief medical officer of TriSalus™ Life Sciences.1
- TriSalus Life Sciences and MD Anderson announce strategic analysis collaboration to judge therapy of stable tumors. Enterprise Wire. Information launch. April 8, 2021. Accessed Might 21, 2021. https://bwnews.pr/3ytUtqN.
- SD-101 an investigational TLR9 agonist. TriSalus™ Life Sciences. 2021. Accessed Might 21, 2021. https://trisaluslifesci.com/pipeline-overview/sd-101/.
- Proprietary drug supply expertise. TriSalus™ Life Sciences. 2021. Accessed Might 21, 2021. https://trisaluslifesci.com/drug-delivery/.
- Cohen EEW, Nabell L, Wong DJL, et al. Section 1b/2, open label, multicenter examine of intratumoral SD-101 together with pembrolizumab in anti-PD-1 therapy naïve sufferers with recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC). J Clin Oncol. 2019;37(suppl 15):6039. doi:10.1200/JCO.2019.37.15_suppl.6039
- Amin A, Milhem MM, Lengthy GV, et al. Section 1b/2, open label, multicenter, examine of the mix of SD-101 and pembrolizumab in sufferers with superior/metastatic melanoma immune to anti-PD-1/PD-L1 remedy. J Clin Oncol. 2019;37(suppl 15):9555. doi:10.1200/JCO.2019.37.15_suppl.9555
- Milhem MM, Lengthy GV, Hoimes CJ, et al. Section 1b/2, open label, multicenter, examine of the mix of SD-101 and pembrolizumab in sufferers with superior melanoma who’re naïve to anti-PD-1 remedy. J Clin Oncol. 2019;37(suppl 15):9534. doi:10.1200/JCO.2019.37.15_suppl.9534