With transferring away from school pals, making use of for jobs and dropping entry to scholar assets, transitioning to post-grad life could be complicated, difficult and costly. To assist information you thru, The Lantern has compiled a listing of psychological well being, housing and profession assets for current graduates. Click on on the titles for extra data.
Psychological Well being Assets
Free or Low-Value Outpatient Psychological Well being Remedy:
- Psychological Services Center, Ohio State Department of Psychology:
- Scientific psychology graduate college students, supervised by licensed psychologists, provide free counseling to all Central Ohio adults. The clinic treats despair, nervousness, obsessive-compulsive dysfunction, character issues and different psychological well being circumstances.
- To schedule an appointment, name 614-292-2345 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open Path Psychotherapy Collective:
- The collective connects individuals with out insurance coverage or who in any other case can not afford enough psychological well being therapy with suppliers of their space. There’s a one-time membership price of $59, and periods sometimes value $30-60.
- Affords each in-person and on-line appointments.
- To contact the collective, e mail Info@openpathcollective.org or chat online.
- Mental Health America of Ohio’s Pro Bono Counseling Program:
- Volunteer psychological well being professionals present free short-term counseling (12 or fewer periods) to qualifying people in Franklin, Fairfield and Delaware counties. Sufferers have to be referred to this system.
- Apply here. For questions or further data, name 614-884-7227 or e mail email@example.com.
Dependancy Assets and Remedy:
- Columbus Public Health Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program Outpatient Treatment:
- Offers group and particular person counseling periods in addition to specialised teams together with opiate use and relapse prevention applications. This system provides precedence to pregnant individuals, IV drug customers, these in detox or who’ve just lately been discharged from the hospital.
- Makes use of a sliding price scale for cost.
- Name 614-645-6839 for extra data and to schedule an evaluation. For these looking for medication-assisted therapy, name 614-645-0479.
- Affords multi-level substance use dysfunction therapy choices starting from early intervention to medically managed inpatient care.
- Specialised look after alcohol, heroin, cocaine, prescription opioids, benzodiazepines and different substances.
- Works with insurance coverage firms and affords cost assets for uninsured sufferers.
- For an consumption evaluation or further data, name 877-592-7680.
- Nationwide Suicide Prevention 24/7 Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Columbus Suicide 24/7 Hotline: 614-221-5445
- The Trevor Challenge 24/7 LGBTQ Suicide Hotline: 866-488-7386
- Nationwide Alliance on Psychological Sickness HelpLine: 800-950-6264
Textual content Traces:
- Nationwide 24/7 Disaster Textual content Line: Textual content “HOME” to 741-741
- Ohio Division of Psychological Well being and Dependancy Companies 24/7 Disaster Textual content Line: Textual content “4HOPE” to 741-741
- The Trevor Challenge LGBTQ Suicide Prevention 24/7 Textual content Line: Textual content “START” to 678-678
- Housing Alternative Voucher program supplies rental help for very low-income households, the aged and the disabled.
- Runs Public Housing in Columbus.
- To contact the Housing Alternative Voucher program, name 614-421-6101. Public Housing property listings could be discovered here.
- Offers everlasting supportive housing in Franklin County to individuals with psychological well being circumstances, substance use issues and those that have skilled homelessness, connecting people with psychological well being therapy, major well being care and employment coaching.
- To use for housing, name 614-487-6700.
- An alliance of organizations devoted to offering housing or helping with housing-related wants.
- A full checklist of member organizations could be discovered here.
- Construct and restore mixed-income residences and join residents with neighborhood assets, together with monetary companies and academic alternatives.
- Name 380-235-7050 to achieve the Columbus workplace.
- Seek for accessible property listings here.
- Career Counseling and Support Services:
- The Workplace of Scholar Life’s Profession Counseling and Assist Companies affords three periods as much as one semester after commencement. Counseling periods provide recommendation on careers, internships, graduate faculty, making the transition from scholar to skilled and extra.
- OhioMeansJobs Job Middle affords free assets to job seekers, corresponding to profession planning, job search abilities growth, interview preparation and digital hiring occasions.
- Alumni Career Management:
- The Invoice and Susan Lhota Workplace of Alumni Profession Administration boasts quite a lot of assets, corresponding to job search help, profession development and a job board. Alumni can go to the workplace’s web site for assist concerning resumes, cowl letters, skilled growth and extra.